Thread: Manchester Newbie here

New guest

Manchester Newbie here

Hi all
    Just a quick hello, I have been into cars and bike for years and always fancied a nice open wheel hot rod, well that never happened so a couple of years back I obtained a 1965 2 Door Morris Minor, well more a log book and a pile of rust to be honest.
    She is called "Gracie" as she is grey and a "C" Reg.

Anyway I have been welding her back together slowly and although it wont have flathead V8 power it will be running a hot 1330 A-series engine (MG Midget based) which I hope will produce around 120BHP when built.

The plans for the minor are a lowered front end, nice engine, side exit exhaust,banded rear wheels with original width front wheels with hub caps all round, front disc brakes, servo, split line braking system.
    The car is currently Dove Grey which I hope to retain along with red wheels and front grill.
    Not a massive build in the great scheme of things but enough to make the minor stand out from the crowd.

So hello from me.

Dermot.

Images

NSRA Welcome

Hi Dermot, Thanks for the intro and welcome to the NSRA forum - enjoy.

Ralph

We now have a great free mobile app for the NSRA Forum so you can check in on the go.
    Find the NSRA UK Forum in the Apple and Android App Store
    ex Roadster Pilot - Looking for a pop My Intro My Ride

Hi Dermot welcome , a lot of northern rodders on here, are you on FB try https://www.facebook.com/groups/morrisminoruk and https://www.facebook.com/groups/263866340753593 Rainy city cruisers , meet at the Houldsworth Redish wednesday night , or we will again when allowed

New guest
    Thanks for the welcome, I was going to build my Minor for use in classic car trials but the thought of only using it a couple of times a year was too much so changed my mind, so I have decided to build something I can use whenever I wish.
    At the moment its a bare shell in the garage with one side welded.
    I'm already a member of the Morris Minor UK group and have just submitted a request to join Rainy City Cruisers.
    I hope to see you around when this madness has cleared.