Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Help Please ref A Wiper Motor kit

Your Help Please ref A Wiper Motor kit

HI All, on a wet and damp sat afternoon, im after your help please. Ive got a 37 Nash Lafeyette Businessmans Coupe that i need to install a wiper motor kit, its a split screen car with a screen hight of 11.5 inches the wipers system that was fitted was vacum and the blades stroke is from the outside of the screen to the inside both sides. The blade arms are 8.5 inches long with a wiperblade of 9 inches long, the wiper posts are 18.75 inches apart . So im after a complete kit and one that is maybe a cable system rather than a rack as im very limited for room as the dash board is only about 5 inch deep. So any advice would be welcome ive been looking at classic mini but im sure someone in the club has been here before. Thanks for your help folks..

NSRA member
    Images
    short answer - don't feck about

New Port Engineering | HOME OF THE “CLEAN WIPE WIPER MOTOR" (newportwipers.com)

I've not checked your application though. Typically electrifies the existing mechanicals. Bolt in. I've got their stuff in a 41 Chevy that just works.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    I have Newport in my Model A, it hasn't been in for long but so far it's working well. The complete set up is brand new, possibly because As only had one wiper as standard (or possibly non)

Thanks Chris are have a nose mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    short answer - don't feck about

New Port Engineering | HOME OF THE “CLEAN WIPE WIPER MOTOR" (newportwipers.com)

I've not checked your application though. Typically electrifies the existing mechanicals. Bolt in. I've got their stuff in a 41 Chevy that just works.

Chris

Hi Dusty have you got a photo of yours mate would like to see ..ta mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    I have Newport in my Model A, it hasn't been in for long but so far it's working well. The complete set up is brand new, possibly because As only had one wiper as standard (or possibly non)

Not sure if are get a rail under the dash mates...looks a nice kit tho..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Hi Dusty have you got a photo of yours mate would like to see ..ta mate..
    I will try to remember tomorrow Bri. I don't think that it will be much help as it's above the screen

Images
    Might be worth you checking out the Newport Engineering website Bri. The earliest Nash they list is a 1939.
    You might need to email the question to them.

New Port Engineering on my 50 Ford , would go straight to them for next car

Hi Dusty yes i did see that the one thats on the nash is a vaccum one...i will send an e mail was looking to see if a classic mini will fit as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    Might be worth you checking out the Newport Engineering website Bri. The earliest Nash they list is a 1939.
    You might need to email the question to them.

Quote Originally Posted by morris View Post
    New Port Engineering on my 50 Ford , would go straight to them for next car

NSRA member
    Car Builder Solutions (www.carbuilder.com) have everything you need here in the UK - pages 62 to 65

ta Pete are have a nose mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rodder View Post
    Car Builder Solutions (www.carbuilder.com) have everything you need here in the UK - pages 62 to 65

E mail sent to New port Enginerring, got asked to send photo..did not heard back tho...having stuck my old nut under the dash i think i may get an arm one in be ruddy hard to get under there and fit it tho i would think...

NSRA member
    Images
    It's all cottage industry stuff so best to cut them some slack! I got a bit ****ed at them when installing in our 41 Chevy as the sweep was not all it could have been. They weren't responding promptly, even allowing for time differences. Turns out there was only girl Friday there as everyone else was at a show. On their return the matter was dealt with very promptly. Turns out it was at my end as the stock funky chains had stretched and needed adjusting; they told me what to do (wasn't immediately obvious) and it was all sorted. Great service (esp with it not being 'their' problem) but a little patience required. OK, they're not currently at a show but the way things are I'd imagine they're pretty quiet so aren't probably sitting there waiting patiently for incoming emails, patience Grasshopper!

Always going to be tight under the dash. The Newport stuff enables you to simply electrify the existing, vac, actuator, motor or whatever it's called. Utilises existing mounts etc so is bolt in. Hooks up to existing mechanisms. Car Builder Solutions / Staffordshire Vehicle Wiring Solutions / Speciality Power Windows (all of which are basically a remake of the Lucas stuff, minis, jags et al) is a complete enclosed cable system requiring complete installation / judicious parts selection / tweeking.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Hay thanks Sensi Chris i will be patient master.. well best as a old fart like me can be hahahah i Did have a reply from newport saying they are looking to see if they can help me and seeing if one they have will fit by looking at the photos i sent them ..so finger's crossed i hope they are able to help as from what every one has said like what you have said it looks the best way to go.....ta mate

It's all cottage industry stuff so best to cut them some slack! I got a bit ****ed at them when installing in our 41 Chevy as the sweep was not all it could have been. They weren't responding promptly, even allowing for time differences. Turns out there was only girl Friday there as everyone else was at a show. On their return the matter was dealt with very promptly. Turns out it was at my end as the stock funky chains had stretched and needed adjusting; they told me what to do (wasn't immediately obvious) and it was all sorted. Great service (esp with it not being 'their' problem) but a little patience required. OK, they're not currently at a show but the way things are I'd imagine they're pretty quiet so aren't probably sitting there waiting patiently for incoming emails, patience Grasshopper!

Always going to be tight under the dash. The Newport stuff enables you to simply electrify the existing, vac, actuator, motor or whatever it's called. Utilises existing mounts etc so is bolt in. Hooks up to existing mechanisms. Car Builder Solutions / Staffordshire Vehicle Wiring Solutions / Speciality Power Windows (all of which are basically a remake of the Lucas stuff, minis, jags et al) is a complete enclosed cable system requiring complete installation / judicious parts selection / tweeking.

Chris

Hi all just to give you guys a up date ive been talking with Newport Engineering on facebook, i sent lots of photos etc to the guy who builds the Wiper Motor's he said he would build one to fit so i rang them today. Gavin who builds the units said he will build one for my 37 Nash that will fit on all the original stuff thats there on the car Yippee saves me trying to get the old stuff out etc cost was $239 bucks and $80 post by ups worked out £239 uk money yes sounds lots but not a lot of difference from buying the kit here but this is made for my car and will save my a lot of messing about i hope. Still have to pay the import cost from UPS so not sure what that will be .
    So thanks all are up date when its here and i try to fit..

Well got to say im impressed i put my order in on a tuesday and it turned up on the friday Got to say one hell of a fast serice. Well got the old unit out the new ones a larger bit of kit so got to work out how to get it in lol it worked out £239 for the part plus switch and £60 import cost ...a.jpg
    Last edited by rocker; 16-12-20 at 06:14 PM.

NSRA member
    Images
    Vac unit looks terrible like the '41 Chevy one I took out. Logically guess they probably all come from the same place, or a limited number of sources. Now you've got the joy of lying in the footwell on your back trying to fit it. We really know how to have a good time, eh? Can't recall how they wire up but it's easy enough. Did you get the switch (not that I think it's anything other than a 2 position switch)? There must be a permanent live to the motor to run it on to the park position when switched off mid sweep.

Patience pays

Chris

Hi Chris ,Yep o joy o joy a and at my age lol, i look forward to it like a hole in the head hahahaha yes its comes with the wire diagram. Also comes with the 2 way switch they say it will fit on the the old gear in the car and looking at it yes but boy its big when you size it up to the old one, thats the prob finding the room for it but hay are shoe-horn her in someways i hope...i did say hope hahaha

Vac unit looks terrible like the '41 Chevy one I took out. Logically guess they probably all come from the same place, or a limited number of sources. Now you've got the joy of lying in the footwell on your back trying to fit it. We really know how to have a good time, eh? Can't recall how they wire up but it's easy enough. Did you get the switch (not that I think it's anything other than a 2 position switch)? There must be a permanent live to the motor to run it on to the park position when switched off mid sweep.

Patience pays

Chris