Thread: Edelbrock metering rod

NSRA member

Edelbrock metering rod

Hello, I bought an Edelbroack electric choke 600cfm #1406 as that was the only version available. It appears that they are set up with an economy metering rod everything else is the same as the manual version apart from how the choke operates. I need a .070 x .047 in metering rod as fitted in the stock manual version. Thanks

Roadcraft sell new ones.

NSRA member
    Images
    You say metering rod, but there's 2 of them. Pedantry perhaps, but one is no good!! You might be better anyway getting a tuning kit (called a strip kit iirc) as they come with everything you may need for a variety of tunings. Whilst they work pretty darn good out of the box they respond well to a tuning, most of which involves parts replacement. All easy enough work though. If you find a source of the tiny hairclips that seem to majically disappear, please let me know!!!

Chris

Sent from my SM-T515 using NSRA mobile app
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    Speak to Dave Gibbons at Rough Diamond Racing, he does carb rebuilds & upgrades as the UK arm of TMC, 07973 663457.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Images
    For the tiny clips that disappear never to be found again , i just bought one of the cheap chinky ebay rebuild kits for £10-15, they are in there , just check when you buy though as not all the kits are the same contents . Cheers Jez
    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    You say metering rod, but there's 2 of them. Pedantry perhaps, but one is no good!! You might be better anyway getting a tuning kit (called a strip kit iirc) as they come with everything you may need for a variety of tunings. Whilst they work pretty darn good out of the box they respond well to a tuning, most of which involves parts replacement. All easy enough work though. If you find a source of the tiny hairclips that seem to majically disappear, please let me know!!!

Chris

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by garagebench View Post
    For the tiny clips that disappear never to be found again , i just bought one of the cheap chinky ebay rebuild kits for £10-15, they are in there , just check when you buy though as not all the kits are the same contents . Cheers Jez
    ooooohhh! How many of the little slippery feckers are in such a kit? And a link to this quality (!) merchandise, please? I'll open the packaging once I'm inoculated! Under the internet rules announced only today are we now going to be shut down, or is the just bookface, toktik, graminsta etc???

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

NSRA member
    Right - rods, new to these carbs so didn't know. If it is a fiddly job I will leave it alone.

NSRA member
    Images
    Fiddly? I suppose it is a bit, but it's rather satisfying! What were we talking about?

Chris

Images
    ooooohhh! How many of the little slippery feckers are in such a kit? And a link to this quality (!) merchandise, please? I'll open the packaging once I'm inoculated! Under the internet rules announced only today are we now going to be shut down, or is the just bookface, toktik, graminsta etc???

Chris
    HI . YOu get 4 of the little clips .floats gaskets needles all sort , handy for the money ,can't do a link from iPad,but eBay I'd number is ,:273995783086

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by garagebench View Post
    HI . YOu get 4 of the little clips .floats gaskets needles all sort , handy for the money ,can't do a link from iPad,but eBay I'd number is ,:273995783086
    Only 4!!!!!!! But better than the minus 2 where I currently am (the benefit of having a project to scrounge parts of off, but they eventually need replacing
    !!!). I've searched high and low for theses babies in quantity without success. Even edelbrock don't list them individually or without a pile of other parts that aren't required. And generic clips don't seem to exist. I'm left thinking I may be the only on who manages to lose theses blighters!!!

Chris

Images
    Only 4!!!!!!! But better than the minus 2 where I currently am (the benefit of having a project to scrounge parts of off, but they eventually need replacing
    !!!). I've searched high and low for theses babies in quantity without success. Even edelbrock don't list them individually or without a pile of other parts that aren't required. And generic clips don't seem to exist. I'm left thinking I may be the only on who manages to lose theses blighters!!!

Chris

Your not the only one too lose them , but I only lost one when rebuilding a carb, pinged out my pliers into the abys .hence I bought the kit