Thread: Door alignment

Images

Door alignment

I need to tweak the door alignment on my coup (a Rodline Deuce 5 window) but there isnít any adjustment possible on the stock style hinges. Iím assuming I will need to use shims to adjust the alignment but is this the correct way to do it? Anyone else adjusted door alignment in a similar way or any advice would be appreciated
    cheers
    Dave

NSRA member
    Images
    Shims on the hinges. Shims on the body. Tweaking the doors (ok, on steel ones). Bending the hinges (possibly with added heat). Whatever it takes really! What you need to do depends on what you're trying to fix! First port of call really is whether the door fits the aperture in the body nicely without hinges or latches.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    Thanks For the reply Chris, it’s finished body so I will give the shims a try
    Dave

NSRA member
    Images
    Not sure what you mean by finished body. And when I said shim the body i meant between body and chassis.
    Chris

Sent from my SM-T515 using NSRA mobile app
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.