Thread: Looking for the history of my '31 Ford Coupe "7"

New guest

Looking for the history of my '31 Ford Coupe "7"

Hi guys,

I registered years ago while a was searching for a Hot Rod. Back then I had to stop search for some reasons, but a few months ago, I finally bought one and I'm happy af. I absolutely love this thing.

It's a chopped and channeled '31 5 Window Coupe with a Chevy 350 and coilovers front and rear. The reason I post here is that I basically don't have any information on the history of the car, but it has a NSRA '17 decal on it and I hope that somebody on the forums can help me track down the history of it. I'd cover all the costs of course and return a favor somehow. Being able to provide some information on the history of a Hot Rod makes it WAY easier to register it as a classic car in Germany and I'd be very thankful. As some of you might know, technical inspection and restrictions for modifying (classic) cars are very strict in Germany.

I bought it in France from a guy that hardly speaks English. I know that the former owner was a guy namend Raymond Hearn from Herne Bay, UK and - if I understood it correctly - that he passed and his widow sold the car. I can also provide the VIN if you need (but I somehow feel unsure to post it online). There's also a decal "American Hot Rod Foundation - Member" on it, but following this trace hasn't been successful yet... No reaction on my mail. I also sent a letter to an adress of Raymond Hearn, but also no reaction.

This is the car (yes I know, it needs Firestones in the front, too ):

Thank you so much! And have a good weekend.

Best regards
    Mario

Ray has not passed. I spoke to him a few months ago if you go on the classifieds. He had a couple of adds on there that you could pm him. I’m sure he would answer your questions. He is a top chap. It’s worth a try Mario I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

New guest
    That's great to hear, Thanks! I will do that.

It's really strange how many cars are sold on when the owner had 'deceased' allgedly. Almost as if someone didn't want the cars history looking into?

Is it still on British plates as mods cars in the EU seem to keep that number and use the visitor laws as a way round full registration ...which is most EU countries is difficult for a modified vehicle.

What sort of history would help with registration as the Britisg logbook contains a fair amount.

If you PM the reg ( if you don't want it out on the 'net ) I can help with some details.
    Last edited by kapri; 05-12-21 at 05:02 PM.
    Galations 6:7

Images
    Apparently I'm dead according to the current owner of my Morris Six!
    Layabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris460 View Post
    Apparently I'm dead according to the current owner of my Morris Six!

Apparently I'm also dead according to my ex wife.
    Galations 6:7

New guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    It's really strange how many cars are sold on when the owner had 'deceased' allgedly. Almost as if someone didn't want the cars history looking into?

Is it still on British plates as mods cars in the EU seem to keep that number and use the visitor laws as a way round full registration ...which is most EU countries is difficult for a modified vehicle.

What sort of history would help with registration as the Britisg logbook contains a fair amount.

If you PM the reg ( if you don't want it out on the 'net ) I can help with some details.

Well, basically the more information on the history, the better. Most important would be when the modifications on the car were done and to have some documents to prove the history.

See the biggest problems on this in Germany are that the requirements on registering a classic car that's been hugely modified like a hot rod is that the german regulations are not that precise, so there's always some kind of own judgement of the experts at the technical inspection / registration. This is what makes it utterly annoying sometimes.

I'll send you a PM.

Thanks for you help! Very muchappreciated.