Thread: Help with setting up Stewart Warner wings gauges

NSRA member

Help with setting up Stewart Warner wings gauges

Need some help with the gauges in my roadster. Brand new SW wings set which came with all the senders etc in the same box. Electric speedo with matched pulse sender in the side of a th350 trans.

speedo - I can get it into calibration mode. Press and hold button, turn on ignition, release button. Press button again and needle swings from zero to half way as it should. Drive a mile and then stop with engine running and press and release the button. Speedo should be calibrated but it isn’t. What am I doing wrong?

it’s driving me nuts!!!!!

NSRA member
    Images
    Electric speedos have clearly moved on some!! Microscopic dip switches are such fun, but seemingly surpassed!

Are the instructions open to (mis)interpretation? Eg Chinglish?

I hope my soon to be brought into use, hopefully, GPS speedo won't require such chicanery. It shouldn't I know but do I trust this newfangledness?

Chris

Sent from my SM-T515 using NSRA mobile app
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    I had a quick read of the instructions, it sounds like the last (third) press is just a tap on the button not a hold down ?

NSRA member
    Im going to have another go at the weekend, subject to weather. The instructions are pretty straightforward- they just don’t seem to work! I can’t find anyone that has any experience of them, and can’t get hold of SW due to work and time zones clashing. Shall keep trying!