Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumble’s Revenge Sunday 13th July 2008 Essex/Herts/London

elmo i have got a few coming over. we are meeting at waltham abbey mc donald around 10 so should be with you 11ish.
    if anybody else wants to cruise over with us meet us a mac donalds at 10ish.

Looking forward to seeing you John, dont forget we got the cruise at approximately 3pm to Haven House where we can enjoy seeing the kids faces light up when they see the cars......

24 hours .....dont forget it not Tulsa ..... as she sings to herself .. its LOUGHTON

see you there ......

Hi Jane,
    We had planned to get to this event.. BUT.... my poor Victor is laid up, with the engine out, being rebuilt as I'm typing.
    What a club Invicta Roadsters is (They all muck in when things go wrong)
    So, not only my car won't be there, Steve was coming in his 32 Pick up, Tim in his 105E & Alan in his Zodiac.
    Hope it is a great day, Who would you like a cheque made payable to, it won't be a lot (due to engine parts) but would be happy to donate.(as Tesco says...every little helps!)Please PM where to post. Hope Elmo is recovering?
    All the best!
    Bev

Hi Bev

Thanks for you kind offer and after the way you made me feel so welcome at your event I would never expect you to send me any money, I just ask that you try and make it to our event next year so we can relieve you of your hard earnt cash then...

Sorry to hear about the car and hope its on the mend and you will be on the road again soon...Jane and I am hoping to make it to the Supernats this year so hope to see you then.
    The flogging will continue until morale improves!!!

My Intro

Well another year came and the Hot Rod Rumble landed on the calendar but not without a few hitches... Unfortunately we got let down by most of the traders and the band we had booked did a no show which wasn't a good start... I was very apprehensive that any cars would show and make it a complete wash out with the weather... Thankfully the pessimist in me was quashed and we had double the amount of cars show up than last year and some very nice cars at that.. The weather was glorious and even though i have been housebound for the last 6 weeks with a back injury I felt great being surrounded by these fantastic cars and generous people.

Unfortunately the show seemed to come to a very early end and a lot of cars and people left at arround 1:30... Thankfully we managed to get a few cars to stay and cruise to haven house but unfortunately had to bring the cruise back to 2:00 instead of 3:00... I certainly cant blame people for leaving as there was not a whole lot for folks to do other than chin wag and eat...apparently, some late comer’s were not happy about paying at the door and finding that most of the cars had gone by the time they got there but then if you turn up to a show an hour before it closes, its the risk you take, in my opinion.

I would still like to thank everyone who showed up to help make the show a success for a second year running... Looking past the problems I feel very positive about the show and I would like to think that most of the attendees had a good time... I certainly did…. I know that some of you couldn’t make it and thank you for calling and making a pledge of money…if anyone would still like to send in cash for the cause then please feel fee and email me for an address or post it into us…

Considering it was only the second show we have done it has again been a steep learning curve and we will try and rectify the problems that occurred this year... anyone who has ever tried to organise an event will know the problems we face and the difference with this show is we have no budget other than what we put in out of our own pockets.

Time will tell if we put another one on next year or even if we do, if it will be at the same venue...but as they say watch this space....

A big thanks to all that came and hung out on a nice summer’s day and helped spread the wealth for a good cause... from the bottom of my heart...THANKS…. and thanks for all of the positive comments on the day.
    The flogging will continue until morale improves!!!

My Intro

New guest

Smile

Hi Elliot
    Just to say my wife and I thought it was a great turn out of cars from nostlagic to custom classics, hot rods, muscle cars. It was nice to see owners of these cars turn up for a good cause and not for trophies. What a friendly event . It might be a good idea for next year to put the cruise a little earlier as for those that arrived in the morning and have travelled from afar probably would have stayed for the cruise. Has anyone got any pics ?

Good idea for venue as for those hungry rodders great Cafe and facilities. We even won a raffle. Its ashame people were complaining about paying for entrance fee because they were late arriving - come on £2.00 each for a good cause anyway.

Count us in for next year.

Hi Elmo. Glad it was a success after a naff start. It is always a worry running comething but it sounds as though you pulled it off in style. We'll get a few from 1066 to try to get over next year. Perhaps try find a campsite nearby for the Sat night. Hope your back gets better soon bud and keep taking the tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt out View Post
    Hi Elliot
    Just to say my wife and I thought it was a great turn out of cars from nostlagic to custom classics, hot rods, muscle cars. It was nice to see owners of these cars turn up for a good cause and not for trophies. What a friendly event . It might be a good idea for next year to put the cruise a little earlier as for those that arrived in the morning and have travelled from afar probably would have stayed for the cruise. Has anyone got any pics ?

Good idea for venue as for those hungry rodders great Cafe and facilities. We even won a raffle. Its ashame people were complaining about paying for entrance fee because they were late arriving - come on £2.00 each for a good cause anyway.

Count us in for next year.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply and so pleased you had a good time, the problems he had was trying to co-ordinate with Haven House.

As it was a Sunday they assumed (wrongly) that people might come later, had the band turned up and there been some more stalls then people would have wanted to eat, drink, listen and browse but like everything in life you never know what is going to happen...

But... for those that were able to turn up and make the day thanks again from me... Elmo last week was really worried, and especially as he hasnt been at work was even harder to organise an event especially as it was almost single handed. Ok you might say I am bias but like I said for those of you who attended and made the event THANK YOU from me too...

Also, like to thank those who texted and phoned him during the run up and the day, because his phone was going so often had I not spent the last 6 weeks with him 24/7 I would have thought he had another woman....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1066 View Post
    Hi Elmo. Glad it was a success after a naff start. It is always a worry running comething but it sounds as though you pulled it off in style. We'll get a few from 1066 to try to get over next year. Perhaps try find a campsite nearby for the Sat night. Hope your back gets better soon bud and keep taking the tablets.

Thanks Scott, like on my previous post as you know it not easy to organise something like this.

As for a campsite you got me thinking now, as High Beach is not far, we actually cruised right by it and I am sure they have a camp site ..... watch this space........

Thanks for your good wishes and support and dont worry he still taking the tablet, we hope to make the 1066 show, hoping to bring Neil with us.... he only broke the camera and dropped other things, lost a couple of items ....still we could tie him to Doris ......

Elmo and Jane, well done again for organising the show. It obviously takes a big effort, without your back problems and everything else, and it is appreciated. Shame the band and others let you down, I'm just sorry we couldn't hang around for the cruise but you know how it is, other things to do etc. Hopefully you raised a decent amount for the charity, which is the main thing.
    Cheers
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rob 31 View Post
    Elmo and Jane, well done again for organising the show. It obviously takes a big effort, without your back problems and everything else, and it is appreciated. Shame the band and others let you down, I'm just sorry we couldn't hang around for the cruise but you know how it is, other things to do etc. Hopefully you raised a decent amount for the charity, which is the main thing.
    Cheers
    Rob

Thanks for your feedback, nice to know people enjoyed themselves, so far they have raised £500 with some pledges still to come.....

They beginning to think of next year but as you can appreciate can only be done if there are some stalls, anyone who does trade and provisionally interested please let us know.......