Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumble’s Revenge Sunday 13th July 2008 Essex/Herts/London

Rumble’s Revenge Sunday 13th July 2008 Essex/Herts/London

Its that most anticipated time of the year again where we all start to poke our heads out of the garage and start to decide which shows we want to go to this season….

Well last year my work colleagues and I helped put on a charity Hot Rod show in Loughton, Essex and although it was a very late decision to go ahead and we missed out on all the advertising deadlines, we still had a half decent turn out with some outstanding Hotrods and Bikes and still managed to raise just under £1000 at the show and just over £2800 by the end of the year for the kids at Haven House Hospice… They were so grateful for what we had done that they asked us if we would support them again this year … Well the Rumble is on again and Rumble’s Revenge has been fired up and given permission to hold it at the same venue as we did last year…

We have hard standing for over 50 cars plus we have even had the parking restrictions outside officially suspended for the day as well…so more parking on the street for more Rods. There is also a big free car park for daily drivers over the road.

This is a family event so there will be other things to do as well as looking at cars, so bring your other halves and the kiddies and help to make the lives of these kids a bit easier in their final days… There will be a supervised kids colouring competition with a prize for the best as well as face painting, Bric-a-Brac stalls and lots of other stuff available to do and see.

This event is open to all Hotrods, Classics, Choppers, and Bikes in fact anything on wheels that would be considered interesting and in the spirit of the event… The show starts at 10:00am and finishes at 3:00pm ending with a cruise to Haven House so you can see where you hard-earned money is going….

If you want to take a sales pitch, you can do by donating £20 to the charity but we would prefer you send this in before the day so we know numbers and requirements… You can sell what you like just so long as its not offensive, Please keep in mind it’s a family event… if you require a traders form then please send me an email with your address and contact detail and I will send one out to you by return.

There will also be a raffle and at this point I would like to ask for your further support… If you have anything you would like to donate or bits you have kicking around unwanted, then please send me a PM or an email and we will make arrangements to get it from you… All donations will be gratefully received and as before all money made will be donated to the charity fund… Some of these items may be more suitable for Auction and the decision will be made at the time as to whether it is an Auction or Raffle prize.

Every single penny raised goes to the charity…every single person working at the event is doing it for free and every single thing used has been donated for free…we wont spend one single penny out of the money raised, It ALL goes to Haven House…. So please come and enjoy yourself and give generously… Remember bring lots of change… It is £2.00 per person to get in and kids under 10 get in free, unless you want to make an extra donation that is.

If you want to have a look at the Haven House web site to see where your money will go then have a look at: www.havenhouse.org.uk

The Address for the event is:

Sterling House,
    Langston Road,
    Loughton,
    Essex,
    IG10 3TS

Email can be sent to:

hotrodrumble at(replace with @ symbol) doormanservices . co . uk

The flogging will continue until morale improves!!!

My Intro

i will try to round up a few of our club to come over also the rotbox rodders aswell.

Would really appreciate that mate... seeing your gasser was a real highlight and it went down well with the crowd as well...

Everyone is welcome....

My Intro

Thumbs up

Count me in Elmo, will try and bring a few others aswell.

Images
    I went to this last year in my Camaro,if ya squint at the poster it`s the red one on the end..................
    I`m going again this year as the reason for the show means a lot to me.See ya there

Chris

Will make sure all are members are aware. and please email our webmaster & he will add it to our events page.
    Can you offer 2 complimentary tickets to the Public day at our event, as a
    raffle prize? (I know you will have to have a raffle before your event, but if we all offered something like this, it might help to pay for your local advertising?)

Hi Bev.... I would be happy to donate 4 entry tickets to the Hot Rod Rumble...call it a family ticket... Let me know where to send them to and I will throw in something else from me as well...

We will be holding a raffle on the day and not before...our local adverising is donated by one of our supporters and Have also been graciously offered a free plug by Custom Car courtesy of Dave...Thanks dave....

I would be very greatful if a contingent from the Ivicta Roadsters could make it to our show this year... infact it would be great is some of the other clubs could represent themselves as well...

My Intro

Looks like we have still got a green light on the Rumble but as some of you know i have a serious back injury at the moment so I am trying to organise it from my death bed...I have the license for music as well this year and might even have a band playing their own stuff..

I am still looking for Traders... and would love for some of the fine people on here to come for the day....as well as pass the word around....

It was a great day last year and this year we have the on site cafe doing proper food as well so its looking good...hope the unpredictable weather holds out..

Hope to see you all there.

My Intro

New guest
    Will try and come again as last year was a start of a good cause, maybe turning up early afternoon, was in my blue consul last time but this year I've got myself an American muscle?

Good luck for this year

" FOR CHAAARITY MATE "

Count us in buddy......i'll do a little "bit" for the mags too.

How's the back?

Back is still bad but going to make it for the day....looking forward to seeing you guys there.

I would like to appeal to the better nature of everyone on here to come and help support this event... I am still looking for traders and offer this...if you trade and dont make any money then you dont have to pay the £20 and just make a donation of something instead.

I would also like to apeal to some of the clubs to come down and represent yourselves so come on you Cleavers, Executioners, Outlaws, Jesters and the like, we would love to see you there.

Just let me know if your comming so we know the numbers...Approxamately that is..

My Intro

before Elmo sees there is no flyer in his first post is anyone else having problems seeing the flyer please?

Images
    Nope no flyer in the first post

Images
    There's a link to this image included in the post ...
    http://usera.imagecave.com/typetalkj...e08Picture.JPG
    I'm not getting any response from the imagecave web site right now..
    Edit: Klunk's imagecave signature pics ain't showing, so imagecave's the problem.
    IanT (°||°)
    "that Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torqueflite"

I need help then please ... I have the image does anyone have photo bucket or something else that if I sent them the image they could put it on the forum please?

Thanks

Images
    email it now to *email address removed*
    be quick, going out in 1 hour!
    done!
    IanT (°||°)

sent, thanks, I assume I put IanT @ then the name !!

Images
    Done
    IanT (°||°)

Well only a few days left until the Rumble....Just thought I would bring it back to the top to make everyone aware its still on...Dont forget to turn up and dont worry about the weather as its all hard standing and no bogged down grass...we even have a propper cafe to hide in if it rains...

See you there...

My Intro

On behalf of Elmo, thanks to those who have said they coming, those who have contacted him to say they cant, those who have sent donations, any more people coming please, help this cause and also support Elmo, considering he not at work for over 6 weeks he doing a grand job organising this and ALL the proceeds go to Haven House there is no money kept back for ANYTHING....

Anyone need directions from anywhere just pm me .......

ps ..... dare I say the toilets in the cafe are absolutely clean and modern, so bring the family ...

end of sermon ....