Page 82 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3046

Thread: V8pop's V8pop

Quote Originally Posted by jsf55 View Post
    Top for me too, have a look for some old ceiling lighting, either the flat recessed type or a tube diffuser, loads being chucked out when LED stuff gets fitted
    Nice Idea John, thanks mate.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

New guest
    Great work and I prefer the top one too on the bench but maybe sit them in the car and see which has the better proportions against the body?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonG View Post
    Great work and I prefer the top one too on the bench but maybe sit them in the car and see which has the better proportions against the body?
    Thanks Simon, Yeah nice idea mate. Not sure if I'll be allowed to get the cover off as I'm on restricted duties , you know what it's like once your out there... well I might as well do this bit

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

New guest
    Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    Thanks Simon, Yeah nice idea mate. Not sure if I'll be allowed to get the cover off as I'm on restricted duties , you know what it's like once your out there... well I might as well do this bit

Cheers. Tim W.
    know exactly what you mean, everytime I have to go to the shed to get something I seem to be stopping for an extra few minute to put another dozen tacks onto the panels
    I

Quote Originally Posted by SimonG View Post
    know exactly what you mean, everytime I have to go to the shed to get something I seem to be stopping for an extra few minute to put another dozen tacks onto the panels
    I
    Well I've had a tinker with some orbited polycarbonate to diffuse the light.

Sent from my G3121 using NSRA mobile app

My Pop My Intro

The photo? Name:  _20190421_194348.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  110.6 KB

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Looking good

Looking good
    Thanks John.

My Pop My Intro

Now that’s lux
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by yjohnb View Post
    Now that’s lux
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app
    Thanks John, and I posted it from my phone, 21st century here I come

My Pop My Intro

Well I’m back in the game, amazingly I’ve got 85% vision (so if things look a bit dodge bear with me) and with a cancer scare under my belt the 2019 season begins…

At the start of my eyesight ordeal I had a flurry of messages with someone on this forum and the outcome of this showed me how really unhappy I was with the external boot hinges.

So during my convalescence I’ve been doing this. Hope you like it…

Next job is tiding up the rear wings.

That’s it for now, more when I do more.

Cheers. Tim W

My Pop My Intro

I too know what its like to work outside with no garage its no fun in the colder months, you know when you need to stop working !! when its to cold to hold a spanner
    Your doing an awesome job, keep it up

Hi Tim, that looks much neater mate. As I scrolled down the pics I thought "he's fitting a 3rd brake light above the bootlid", then I saw the recess was to allow the boot to open higher. Could you cut a slot in the recess and fit a red led strip from behind? It would disguise the true purpose of the recess and help idiots to see when you're braking too. Just a thought and feel free to ignore my ramblings.
    Neil.

Images
    I'd have just made the boot open a little less, lol. Looks far better Tim, glad you eyesight is almost OK and I hope the cancer scare was just that only.
    Neils idea of the third brake light is a good one too.b just make sure you have a good 6mm gap between boot and rear hump as the paint will close it up a fair bit.

Images
    Looking good Tim, I did a similar set up on mine, except it opens in the conventional way, good idea on the steady too

of course there is a more labour intensive fix, flatten the radius along the top of the boot and boot opening. then the boot won't be as close when you open it. done right it wouldn't notice either.
    neil.

Images
    well done tim that looks really neat it seems we all like neil's idea of the brake light
    I'm glad the vision is improving and as mark said I hope the cancer scare wast just that
    I'm looking forward to your next update

Quote Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
    I too know what its like to work outside with no garage its no fun in the colder months, you know when you need to stop working !! when its to cold to hold a spanner
    Your doing an awesome job, keep it up
    Thanks mate, I've got that bit to come yet!

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    Hi Tim, that looks much neater mate. As I scrolled down the pics I thought "he's fitting a 3rd brake light above the bootlid", then I saw the recess was to allow the boot to open higher. Could you cut a slot in the recess and fit a red led strip from behind? It would disguise the true purpose of the recess and help idiots to see when you're braking too. Just a thought and feel free to ignore my ramblings.
    Neil.
    Thanks Neil, did think about it but still like the Idea of the V8 POP Lamp in the rear window.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpopracing View Post
    I'd have just made the boot open a little less, lol. Looks far better Tim, glad you eyesight is almost OK and I hope the cancer scare was just that only.
    Neils idea of the third brake light is a good one too.b just make sure you have a good 6mm gap between boot and rear hump as the paint will close it up a fair bit.
    Thanks Mark, it was just too low prior to the slot. Thanks, year got a follow up mid October to make sure. I remember your doors so I was pretty wary of the gap issue mate.

Looking good Tim, I did a similar set up on mine, except it opens in the conventional way, good idea on the steady too
    Thanks John.

of course there is a more labour intensive fix, flatten the radius along the top of the boot and boot opening. then the boot won't be as close when you open it. done right it wouldn't notice either.
    neil.
    There's that as well but I'm not confident enough to tackle it mate!!

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

You sell yourself short mate, you're more than able to do it. It's minor metalwork compared to what you have under your belt already.
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin Black A View Post
    well done tim that looks really neat it seems we all like neil's idea of the brake light
    I'm glad the vision is improving and as mark said I hope the cancer scare wast just that
    I'm looking forward to your next update
    Thanks Pete, you must of replied as I did. Aye fingers crossed mate.

You sell yourself short mate, you're more than able to do it. It's minor metalwork compared to what you have under your belt already.
    Neil.
    Thanks Neil.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro