Thread: Traditional 27 T roadster, flatty v8

Traditional 27 T roadster, flatty v8

Didn't think I would ever do this , but things have changed and a new purchase has meant that something has to go. This means that the T is up for sale.

Lots of you will know this car, its been around a while and has been all over the place.

Spec as follows -

Fibreglass body (all steeled out) steel door and decklid, steel firewall, modified pop browns chassis, new German flathead V8, twin 94s, 5 speed zf gearbox with overdriven fifth, open drive, ford pilot banjo rear, pilot rear crossmember and spring, pilot front beam,mix match of pilot and 40s ford brakes with a remote servo, 17" wires (very straight) wide whites (perfect fronts, rears are past their best),37 zephyr steering box with cross steer set up (no bump steer ever) new custom made ragtop which fits real good and stays put even at speed..

12 months mot, long tax (free)

I have driven this car everywhere, went to poland and back in 2008 with absolutely no problems. I have covered well over 70,000 miles in it since 2001 in all weather.

It does require a new set of front brake drums now though (40s ford) and some rear tyres(still usablebut need changing sooner rather than later).

A great fun car to drive, goes pretty well, handles well, stops good.

£6500
    Phone me on 07780625891 or 01603401343 Evenings are best or pm on here for any further details.

Please note that the pics show the old knackered roof fitted, it now has a nice new proffesionally made roof in black hooding material.
    Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by wensum valley rods; 18-09-09 at 11:16 PM.

Images

Images
    i think this could be sold to someone we know. young ex-pop owner!!!

Word gets around pretty quick ....................lol.

Sale is definately pending, I will update when I have seen it driving up the road, probably be kicking myself for selling. But new things come along and its time to move on and let somebody else have some fun, if they get half as many smiles from it as I have had then it will be worth EVERY penny spent.

Paul.

Lovely

if you still got her when i get rid of my 32 ill have her just what i am looking for ...cheers .....Sir....

Just saw her drive away into the dark, and then heard the rear tyres howling like banshees as she turned the corner. Strange feeling being sad and laughing at the same time

I really know in my heart that the new owner is going to carry on driving her just the way she was meant to be driven.......................like a true hot rod.

Paul.

Images
    was his mrs with him!!!

Nope Not unless she looks a lot like Roland ...............lol.

I'm home

(Hey, didn't know I could post here)

Hey Chris, she knows about it but when she sees it I'm dead meat!!!

Yeah, you'll be Cool dead meat mate

Paul

Just for reference. She doesnt look like me in the slightest. So if you bump into a bald fat bird with glasses and stubble. Its probably not her.

Cheers for your hospitality. Bevs Tea was spot on, notice i had to have another. Thanks to you both. Great to see your other residents too.

Images
    so thats the erand you were running last night then ro