Thread: My Rods

Images

My Rods

My first `32 roadster. Home built frame, 283 Chevy/turbo 350, Jag rearend, Homebuilt independant frontend using Etype uprights/disc brakes.
    Jago body finished in Brick red Candy with red and white T&R upholstery.
    Widely acknowledged as the first `32 roadster Hotrod on the streets of Britain!
    The frame and body are still in existence, though on different cars!.

My current roadster. Original `32 V8 frame, `59A flathead/T5 transmission, `46 Ford rearend, 4" dropped I beam frontend, `46 brakes.
    Gibbon body finished in black with black leather T&R upholstery.

Current project is a 1929 Ford model A Phaeton Resto rod using a Ford B motor and Volvo trans, 8" rearend, VCW dropped tube frontend with a Datsun 120y steering box, colour will be Gunmetal grey with black fenders and biscuit coloured upholstery...

Images
    You have always been my hero Dad LOL
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Geez Brian.........you do look old in that black Rdstr!!!!!!!!!!!

Images
    That's cos he is !!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    Cheers for that John, you sure know how to make a guy feel good about himself!. 80(

At least im safe in the knowledge that one day, all you young whippersnappers will look old too, which cheers me up no end. 80)))))))))))))
    That includes you too, Langy boy!.

P.S. B400s looking good John...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Think I was about 8 or 9 when I saw your 32 in a Hot Car mag I was given blew me away, still looks good a couple of years later.
    Still have the mag somewhere.
    I think your Phaeton came in from South America with mine via Mr 97 Pru 4 or 5 years ago? Picked it up from Mr Wimbles yard.
    Rich

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hotroddickie View Post
    Think I was about 8 or 9 when I saw your 32 in a Hot Car mag I was given blew me away, still looks good a couple of years later.
    Still have the mag somewhere.
    I think your Phaeton came in from South America with mine via Mr 97 Pru 4 or 5 years ago? Picked it up from Mr Wimbles yard.
    Rich
    Yes ,my Phaeton is one of Clives imports from Uraguay about 5 years ago. I`ve owned it for 3 years now. I picked mine up from mine and Clives old friend, Roger Hamilton in Birmingham.
    Clive had another Phaeton there at the time, though only about a 75% complete car!.
    The one i had was totally complete and original down to the last nut and bolt, not any more though...
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Mine has the same format of drum style tail lights and outside door handles.
    The books say the early drum tail light cars had no outside door handles also a centre throttle, mine had a right throttle, perhaps a Uraguay thing.
    I need a top for mine if you are not using any of yours?
    Rich

Images
    Richard, your car must be very early `29, the same as mine (Feb). Cars with no outside handles and drum tailites are recognized as `28s. Early `29s (ours) had outside handles and drum lights, then the `tea cup` style light was introduced in late Feb `29.
    I had to get another drum tailight for the right side from Brattons, damn expensive for what they are!.
    My throttle pedal was on the right as well, possibly a Uraguan/South American thing as you say.
    Sorry, i`m using my top, `though they are available repro from the states...
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Brian

I think it's ageism, we will forget more that these youngones will ever know, i think!!!, now what was I going to say............Oh yes. Love the Phaeton.

Images
    Alan i think its great that you old guys stick together LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ALAN S View Post
    Brian

I think it's ageism, we will forget more that these youngones will ever know, i think!!!, now what was I going to say............Oh yes. Love the Phaeton.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ALAN S View Post
    Brian

I think it's ageism, we will forget more that these young ones will ever know, i think!!!, now what was I going to say............Oh yes. Love the Phaeton.
    Thanks Alan, also, we were actually THERE to experience it!, all these young`uns can do is read about it, age does have its benefits.

Ageism ... that`s not Nostalgic Elitism is it???.

As for you Langy, i did`nt drag you up to be rude to your elders...
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

blimey, looks like ronnie corbett drivin the 32.. hehehehehehehe.........toad