The Premier Hot Rod & Custom event in Europe!
The 30th NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals are a GO!
6th-8th Aug 2021
Our second major Hot Rod show of the year – weekend activities, entertainment, trade stalls and live music! Saturday cruise; Sunday huge show ‘n’ shine car show for pre-1972 Hot Rods, Street Rods, and Customs. Due to COVID precautions entry for this show will be pre-entry only, and for NSRA Members and their guests only.
Tickets for the long awaited 2021 NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals are now live! – see the link below.
A reminder of some of the key points regarding tickets for this years event;
– The weekend tickets are available to members only and your membership must be valid for the date of the event.
– Individual memberships are permitted 1 guest and family memberships are permitted 2 guests provided both members are present.
– Children under the age of 17 are not counted as guests and are free.
– We strongly recommend that you order your event T shirts when pre entering as there will be very limited availability to purchase them on site at the weekend. All pre ordered T shirts will be available to collect from NSRA Hospitality over the weekend.
With all that said and done, click here to book your tickets! https://nsra.tcket.co.uk/
So here we are, midway through the year and I can FINALLY give you some good event news as your PRO! The Supernats have the green light from us and will be a slightly different show than you may be used to, details are as follows;
- The Supernats is at its normal home of Old Warden in Bedfordshire
- The event runs from Thursday 5th to Sunday 8th August 2021
- This is a NSRA members only event, with exception to members guests as below
- The event is totally pre-entry only and numbers will be limited, as being pre-entry only the NSRA can take no payment on the gate and no cash
- Only members and their guest can attend, individual members can have one guest whereas family members can have two guests – however both family members must be present for both guests to be allowed
- Membership is open and if you want to become an NSRA member go here www.nsra.org.uk/membership
- Tickets are £60 pp for the weekend (£50 pp for pre-29 members) – Only Thursday to Sunday weekend tickets are available
- There will be a Sunday only show car pre-entry but this will open later in July, again the NSRA will not be able to take cash
- There will be limited facilities, such as entertainment, toilets, showers etc
- You will be able to order your event T-Shirts as part of your booking and collect in hospitality at the event
- On arrival you will be allocated a camping area so if you want to camp with your friends/club you will need to ensure you arrive together as there is no waiting on site or moving campsite when allocated a space
- As part of your booking you can booking an area you wish to camp in Disabled, Quiet Camping, General camping, Hill camping or camping for vehicles over 10mtrs
Tickets for the event will be for sale very soon, further details to follow..
I am very excited to finally bring you guys and girls a show we have been pouring our hearts and souls into the last year!
Alex Strike – Public Relations Officer
NSRA Hot rod 2020 SuperNOTS
8 & 9 August 2020
As the 2020 SuperNats was cancelled due to COVID, we held a virtual event – the SuperNots – a lively virtual line-up on the weekend that should have been this year’s Hot Rod Supernationals.
Here are the SuperNOTS competition winners!
What a weekend!
- The Rodders Workshop! Learn hands on engineering skills, fabrication and traditional crafts. Watch live working on rods and race cars, great for all under 29’s keen to learn skills for building their first rod and those wanting to expand their knowledge.
- ’Supernats Surf bar’, Hawaiian style, complete with rodeo surfboard!
- Live music all over the weekend.
- Saturday cruise for all pre-1972 hot rods, street rods & customs
- The BIG screen outdoor cinema with films for the little ones and the grown kids on Friday & Saturday
- Pinstriping Wall for the Junior Members
- The return of the Demon Drome wall of death daring motorcycle stunt show
Liberty & Lows 29th NSRA Hotrod Supernationals official aftermovie
NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals 2019 Winners List
Participants Choice Winner: 1931 Ford Model A, owned by Eric Tremblet
Top Ten Winners:
1965 Ford Corsair, owned by Gary Tripp
1925 Singer Sport, owned by Paul Bacon
1937 Ford 5 Window Coupe, owned by Eva Beutler
1938 Chevy COE, owned by Tom Parry
1937 Rover 10, owned by David Newman
1950 Chevy Styleline, owned by Pete Horne
1947 Ford Coupe, owned by Colin Parkinson
1929 Ford Model A, owned by Andrew Gissing
1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe, owned by Anni Merilainen
1941 Willys Coupe, owned by Andy Crockett
Young Rodder Award: Model A 5 Window Coupe, owned by Laurence Parsons
Spirit of the NSRA Award: Craig Dixon, in recognition of his contribution to the hobby and support of fellow hotrodders
Special Award: Doug Armstrong, who was instrumental in setting up the NSRA website and forum and is still an administrator behind the scenes supporting the club.
Special Award: Merv Barnett, for his contribution hot rod rodding and drag racing
Best Tot Rod: Lexie Jackson
Traders Pick, chosen & presented by American Auto Mags: 1932 Ford model B, owned by Jimmy Stubbs
NSRA Pre-29’s Pick, chosen & presented by NSRA Pre-29 member Laura Ayres: 1932 Ford Model B Coupe, owned by Christopher Newham
Best Traditional Hot Rod: 1929 Ford Model A, Andrew Gissing
Best Model T: Ford Model T, owned by Keith Branch
Best Pop, chosen & presented by Darren Ansell from ClassicLine Insurance: 1953 Ford Pop, owned by Maxime Xavier-Saunders
Shuttleworth Pick, chosen & presented by Hannah Lack from Shuttleworth: 1942 Chevy COE, owned by Calvin Evans
UK Rodder Pick, chosen & presented by Ross Elliott of UK Rodder Magazine: 1930 Ford Model A Coupe, owned by Neil Etasse
Formal presentations we made to the following NSRA Hall of Fame inductees:
American Auto Mags, Graham & Sue Rennie
Colouring Competition Winners:
6 & under: Summer, aged 5
11 & under: Francesca Ball, age 10
17 & under: Colin Kergounue, aged 13
A602’s Scalextric challenge winner, presented by Daniel Webber: Bethany Travis
Supernats surfboard challenge winners:
Age 6-13: Jaiden Hill 135 seconds
Age 14-18: Josh Elliott 114 seconds
Age 19-29: Zoe Howard 110 seconds
Age 30-80 mens: Nick Verhooghe 114 seconds
Age 30-80 ladies: Jayne Barber 114 seconds
A selection of SuperNationals award presentation photos courtesy of Christopher Tilley
See the Gallery page for more 2019 Supernationals images
NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals Winners 2018
Kev Rooney, John Reid, Steve Lang and Andromeda were proudly inducted into the NSRA Hall of Fame.
Best Tot Rod: Coopers Pickup, owned by Kodi White
Traders Pick: ‘Can’t Explain’ Ford Pop, owned by Jim Roberts
Young Rodder Award: 1965 105e Anglia, owned by Jake Cawthorne
Best Traditional Hot Rod: 1934 Ford, owned by Adrian Burnley
Pop Festival, sponsored by ClassicLine Insurance: 1957 Ford Pop, owned by Alan Lowes
Best Model T: 1919 Ford Model T Bucket, owned by Neil Stean
Gene Winfield Pick: 1951 Nash Statesman, owned by Matrat Yannick
Remembrance Trophy: Maurice Takoor for his contributions to hot-rodding over the past 20 years as the NSRA Valuations Officer
Special Award: Mark Harley, for his perseverance and congratulations on passing the IVA test in his pro-street Outlaw Anglia Pop.
Shuttleworth Pick: 1931 Model A Phaeton, owned by Dave & Lesley Brown
Congratulations to Wade Nortcliffe and Grace Sellars on their engagement on the way to this years Hot Rod Supernationals.
Top Ten: 1937 Plymouth, owned by Luke Briggs
Top Ten: 1947 Chevy Truck, owned by Andrew Thatcher
Top Ten: 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe, owned by Stuart Archibald
Top Ten: 1939 Peugeot 202 ‘Metropolis’, owned by Andy Saunders
Top Ten: 1932 Ford Model B, owned by Paul Henwood
Top Ten: 1934 Ford Pick Up, owned by Phil Perry
Top Ten: 1950 Chevy Styleline, owned by Mark Dunn
Top Ten: 1947 Ford Super Deluxe, owned by Mark Holmes
Top Ten: 1941 Willy Coupe, owned by Andy Crockett
Top Ten: 1952 Chevy Stepside Pickup, owned by Clive Hardy
Participants Choice Award: 1940 Chevy Pick Up, owned by Garry Marshall
*Our special American Guest! Legendary hot rod builder and customizer Gene Winfield was our special guest at the NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals, and chopped a top live at the event, along with our friends at Valley Gas Speed Shop!
You can read up on some of the cars that Gene has built here: www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Gene_Winfield
The 2017 Event
Best known as the creator of the VooDoo Psychosis 1930 Model A Coupe, the 1965 Cadillac Coupe DeVille better known as the VooDoo DeVille as well as the 1954 Kaiser, VooDoo Sahara.. to name but a few! All created at his Illinois based Hot Rod shop, VooDoo Larry Kustoms.
Not only is Larry a Hot Rod builder, he is also an awesome pinstriper, bass player in his band and an all round cool guy! Larry was with us for the whole weekend and was really excited to see how we are doing it over here in the UK!
We also had a particularly special unveiling of a never seen before creation from one of our best known Custom Car builders in the UK, Andy Saunders. On Saturday morning, with the help of Voodoo Larry, we revealed Andy’s latest build!