Our second major Hot Rod show of the year – weekend activities, entertainment, trade stalls and live music! Saturday cruise; Sunday huge show ‘n’ shine car show for pre-1972 Hot Rods, Street Rods, and Customs.
Old Warden Park
Open to the public on Sunday 11th August 2019.
Thursday 8 August 2019 is a pre-booked NSRA Members day only.
What a weekend we have lined up so far…
- The Rodders Workshop! Learn hands on engineering skills, fabrication and traditional crafts. Watch live working on rods and race cars, great for all under 29’s keen to learn skills for building their first rod and those wanting to expand their knowledge.
- ’Supernats Surf bar’, Hawaiian style, complete with rodeo surfboard!
- Live music over the weekend…details to be announced.
- Saturday cruise for all pre-1972 hot rods, street rods & customs
- The BIG screen outdoor cinema with films for the little ones and the grown kids on Friday & Saturday
- Pinstriping Wall for the Junior Members
- The return of the Demon Drome wall of death daring motorcycle stunt show
Entertainment confirmed so far includes:
Friday 9th August
Larry Adams and The Rythym Heirs
Saturday 10th August
Ian Dury and the Blackheads
Harry and the Howlers
Sunday 11th August
Sammy Jo and the 501’s
As well as some other new exciting features for 2019!
Pre-enter by Wednesday 31st July to be in with a chance of winning £1,000 cash prize and a commissioned painting of your car by Surf Monkey!
Pre-entry weekend prices, per person:-
- NSRA Member £50.00 (on the gate price £65.00)
- Non-NSRA member £60.00 (on the gate price £75.00)
- NSRA Pre-29 member £40.00 (on the gate price £55.00)
- Thursday 9 August is pre-book NSRA Members day ONLY and is £5.00 extra per person on Members pre-entry rate only
- NSRA Members are entitled to one guest at the Members price
- Aged 17’s and under free of charge
- Cut-off date for online pre-entries is Wednesday 31st July 2019 – after this date, gate admission prices will apply
All pre-entries are guaranteed a goodie bag (one per vehicle!)
For any query relating to your pre-entry for this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gate Opening Hours:
- Thursday: 12 midday until 6pm (pre-entry Members day only)
- Friday: 9am until 8pm
- Saturday: 9am until 5pm
- Sunday: show car gate opens at 9am, public gate opens at 10am
Sunday Admission Prices:
- If showing a car: £5.00, per person
- If not showing a car, NSRA Members rates will be £8.00 per adult with valid NSRA membership card, children 17 & under free
- If not showing a car, non-NSRA Members rates will be £10.00 per adult, £5.00 per child (under 3’s are free) & Family ticket £25.00 (two adults and two children)
Pre-entry on Sunday is not required
Dogs are welcome but MUST be kept on leads at all times
Strictly no driving around the hospitality bars after 9pm
Random security searches will be made
All tot rods must be registered with the NSRA and their use must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times
ON-LINE BOOKING OPEN NOW!
Note: Ticket holder names need to be in order of the tickets added to the basket.
Click here for a guide on how to book your event tickets using the NSRA’s new booking system.
For online pre-entry support for this event, please email email@example.com
If you are unable to book online, please contact the NSRA for a downloadable booking form.
For details on booking a trade stand at this event, please contact our Trade Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals Winners 2018
Kev Rooney, John Reid, Steve Lang and Andromeda were proudly inducted into the NSRA Hall of Fame.
Best Tot Rod: Coopers Pickup, owned by Kodi White
Traders Pick: ‘Can’t Explain’ Ford Pop, owned by Jim Roberts
Young Rodder Award: 1965 105e Anglia, owned by Jake Cawthorne
Best Traditional Hot Rod: 1934 Ford, owned by Adrian Burnley
Pop Festival, sponsored by ClassicLine Insurance: 1957 Ford Pop, owned by Alan Lowes
Best Model T: 1919 Ford Model T Bucket, owned by Neil Stean
Gene Winfield Pick: 1951 Nash Statesman, owned by Matrat Yannick
Remembrance Trophy: Maurice Takoor for his contributions to hot-rodding over the past 20 years as the NSRA Valuations Officer
Special Award: Mark Harley, for his perseverance and congratulations on passing the IVA test in his pro-street Outlaw Anglia Pop.
Shuttleworth Pick: 1931 Model A Phaeton, owned by Dave & Lesley Brown
Congratulations to Wade Nortcliffe and Grace Sellars on their engagement on the way to this years Hot Rod Supernationals.
Top Ten: 1937 Plymouth, owned by Luke Briggs
Top Ten: 1947 Chevy Truck, owned by Andrew Thatcher
Top Ten: 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe, owned by Stuart Archibald
Top Ten: 1939 Peugeot 202 ‘Metropolis’, owned by Andy Saunders
Top Ten: 1932 Ford Model B, owned by Paul Henwood
Top Ten: 1934 Ford Pick Up, owned by Phil Perry
Top Ten: 1950 Chevy Styleline, owned by Mark Dunn
Top Ten: 1947 Ford Super Deluxe, owned by Mark Holmes
Top Ten: 1941 Willy Coupe, owned by Andy Crockett
Top Ten: 1952 Chevy Stepside Pickup, owned by Clive Hardy
Participants Choice Award: 1940 Chevy Pick Up, owned by Garry Marshall
*Our special American Guest! Legendary hot rod builder and customizer Gene Winfield was our special guest at the NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals, and chopped a top live at the event, along with our friends at Valley Gas Speed Shop!
You can read up on some of the cars that Gene has built here: www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Gene_Winfield
The 2017 Event
Best known as the creator of the VooDoo Psychosis 1930 Model A Coupe, the 1965 Cadillac Coupe DeVille better known as the VooDoo DeVille as well as the 1954 Kaiser, VooDoo Sahara.. to name but a few! All created at his Illinois based Hot Rod shop, VooDoo Larry Kustoms.
Not only is Larry a Hot Rod builder, he is also an awesome pinstriper, bass player in his band and an all round cool guy! Larry was with us for the whole weekend and was really excited to see how we are doing it over here in the UK!
We also had a particularly special unveiling of a never seen before creation from one of our best known Custom Car builders in the UK, Andy Saunders. On Saturday morning, with the help of Voodoo Larry, we revealed Andy’s latest build!